for Residential Substance Abuse Program
Department: HOUSE OF HOPE
Reports To: HR Manager
The Front Desk position is to facilitate the needs of the persons served and assist in the communications of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer phones and take messages.
- Answer phones and greet all visitors and clients in a courteous/professional manner.
- “Observe, record and report” actions of persons served that will influence their treatment. The observed information is recorded in the communication log that is maintained at the front desk.
- Coordinate with HOH Case Manager regarding transportation of persons served utilizing transportation log.
- Maintain the Release Log to assure all visitors (vendors, case managers, teachers for Competency
- Notify appropriate personnel of persons served that terminate treatment during shift.
- Report incidents in accordance with incident reporting procedure.
- Ensure that front office area and mail room area is neat and organized at all times (no clutter such as client belongings).
- Manage copier/fax issues directly with vendor.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of lobby, Front Desk area and copy break room.
- Ensure water in HOH office building is replenished by ordering and filling coolers.
- Assist with ordering supplies.
- Back up BHT’s as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma preferable
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 years Front Desk or Office Assistant experience required. Working with the substance abuse population preferred.
SKILLS: Good written and oral communication skills and good organizational skills
PERSONAL RELATION SKILLS: Must be able to interact positively with people on a daily basis. Must work well with others.
MISCELLANEOUS: Punctuality and schedule flexibility is imperative.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED: Computer, Fax machine, Telephone, Copier
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to sit a minimum of 7 hours per day, Long periods of standing, walking up & down stairs, walking inside & outside of buildings, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS: Must be organized, capable of performing simple math calculation.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a typical office setting. This position can be a weekend and night position.
THIS DESCRIPTION COVERS THE SIGNIFICANT ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES, WHICH WOULD BE IN CONFORMITY WITH THE MAJOR PURPOSE OF THIS JOB. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT. I HAVE READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION AND MY SIGNATURE ATTESTS TO MY ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION.
Download a PDF of this Job Description.
House of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer